You can hire us to fly our UAV’s (drones) at competitive prices however each job is different and so prices will often vary depending on what is needed.
From aerial pictures through to edited ground and aerial video with animation and licenced music – clients all need something that is specific to their needs and so we prefer to quote once we know exactly how we can help you.
We will require from you some basic details from you at the point of your first enquiry. This will include the proposed date, the locations postcode, outline of what is required and additional information you may have. This will allow us to do our initial site survey to see if the flight is possible and if there are any restrictions that we need to be aware of. This always needs to be completed no matter what the proposed job may be.
There are limitations imposed on us by the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) which we must abide by. This includes flying to a maximum height of 400ft as well as restrictions on flying near to people or building’s not under our control. Often we are able to address these issues during the planning stages so that we are still able to fly within the CAA restrictions and our operating licence.
Quotations and Payment
Payment terms are 35% paid in advance at the point of flight planning with the remainder to be paid within 14 days.
Travel in the UK charged at 45p per mile.
If accommodation or other additional expenses are required this will be agreed before hand and charged with no mark up.
Quotes will be supplied in writing once a full brief has been received from the client and any additional requirements discussed. Changes made after this point may affect the quote.
SilverSky Media are happy to offer fixed price tenders for multiple, repeat jobs.
All quotes are subject to SilverSky Media’s Terms and Conditions listed below
We require a deposit to both secure the booking and also ensure that the significant time spent in the planning stages is not wasted.
Cancellations, postponement and the weather
UAVs (drones) can not fly in the rain or in high winds. So, naturally we are subject to the flying conditions offered to us by the wonderfully varied British weather conditions.
We will check the forecast 5 days and then also 2 days prior to the proposed booking date. If it looks like the weather will not permit us to fly then we will look to rearrange the flight for another date that is suitable to both parties and the deposit will be transferred to the new date. We appreciate the UK weather is changable and as such we aim to be as flexible as possible to ensure bookings are kept.
If the shoot can not be resheduled (live events, limited availability of the subject and or client etc) then the booking deposit of 35% will not be refunded. If any additional costs have been incurred at this time then these will have to be met by the client.
If we are on site and the weather is not going to allow us to fly due to high winds, rain, snow, fog etc then we will wait on site as long as is considered reasonable by the Pilot in Command in the hopes that there is a break in the weather. If we are on site and unable to fly due to the weather then the client will be charge 75% of the total amount quoted.
If the client cancels the shoot after the booking has been confirmed then the deposit will not be refunded.
We try to keep our prices clear and affordable – although all jobs are different and as such require individual quotes for an accurate cost general rates are as follows:
1 days filming (on site for up to 6 hours) – £1000
Additional editing for a final piece up to 2 minutes – £250
Still photography up to 6 hours on site £800
Property video (external) £250
Additional items such as ground based filming, graphics, licenced music are all possible if you would like to discuss them with us further.
Unless otherwise agreed SilverSky Media retains the copyright to all stills and video footage.
Clients purchasing the services of SilverSky Media are supplied a licence that enables them to use it for promotion, printed and online media, marketing.
Clients are not permitted to resell the footage or supply it to any third parties without prior written consent from SilverSky Media.
If it is specifically needed then the client can buy the copyright for the footage for an agreed fee.
SilverSky Media reserves the right to use any of the footage to promote itself, include in showreels or supply to stock libraries unless agreed otherwise.
If you have any questions about anything in the Terms and Conditions stated above we ask that you discuss them as early as possible and before the flight.
CAA permissions and insurance
SilverSky Media and all UAV (Drone) operators in the UK have to be issued with a PfCO – a licence from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) after passing an exam – in order to fly commercially.
We must all also fly within the CAAs laws and restrictions imposed on us. This is to help ensure that safety is maintained to the highest standards.
The general restrictions are that we can not fly higher than 400ft, out of our line of sight, in restricted airspace or within 50m or people or buildings that are not under our control.
We are insured with £1m public liability insurance
Safety for our flights are our main priority and as such we make sure we complete thorough preflight survey checks as well as onsite survey check on the day. We also complete risk assessments and an operations plan for every job. On top of this we will also conduct a safety briefing to people present to explain any emergency procedures.
The Pilot in Command has the final say to decide whether the location and weather mean that it is or is not safe to fly.
SilverSkyMedia is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information from which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and with the requirements laid down by law in the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998, The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations (PECR) 2003 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
SilverSkyMedia may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
WHAT WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information:
- Your name, username or job title.
- Contact information including your email address, postal address and telephone number.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers provided by us.
- Photographic images and / or video of people, locations and events.
- Meta data relating to who is in the image, the location and the reason for taking the picture/video.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record-keeping and to administer any dealings that you might have with us.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services to you.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and given us consent to use.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post but only in accordance with your expressed consent for such contact. We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We keep the video footage / photographic stills in an archive for future use.
THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We collect this data from you on at least one of the following legal bases:
- That you have provided your explicit consent for us to do so.
- That we need to in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you (which includes the provision of quotations or estimates as a result of a request from you).
- That we have a legitimate interest in doing so for our own commercial marketing activities where our use of your data is proportionate, has a minimal impact on your privacy and is an activity that you might reasonably expect us to be engaged in.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only retain your personal information for the minimum time that is necessary. For some purposes such as our business accounting obligations, this length of time will be determined by legislation.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website(s), look for the box or boxes that you can choose to tick to indicate that you agree or opt-in, so that the information can be used by us for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten – If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct-marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation we may have, that mean the right to be forgotten cannot be implemented but we will inform you of this should you contact us on this basis.
- Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you in order that you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. This right is only applicable if you have given us explicit consent to process your data or if we have used it for the performance of any contract(s) we may have (had) with you. If you wish to do this, please contact uWe will provide the information in a commonly used and machine-readable format free of charge.
- Right of access to your data – You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate data – If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
- Right to object to processing of your data – You have a right to object to us using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please contact us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR 2018. This is free but in the case of manifestly unfounded or excessive/repetitive requests we reserve the right to charge a small administration fee of £10. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All your information is stored either electronically on our secure servers / hard drives or in the case of paper documentation, in secured cabinets only accessible by the Data Controller or those nominated as SilverSkyMedia Data Processors.
Any password(s) which you might use to access the website or other platforms that are operated by SilverSkyMedia using third-party providers are your own responsibility and you undertake not to share them with anyone else. If you believe your password(s) has/have been compromised, you must inform us straight away and change it.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES